Tired of diets that don’t work? Confused about what to eat? Anjali Patel, Registered Dietitian will demystify fad diets and will share the tips to an evidence-based healthy eating dietary pattern. You will learn about the 3 macronutrients — Proteins, Fat and Carbohydrates and the important role that they all play in nourishing your body. Join us and learn from Chef Leslie as she demonstrates how you can incorporate delicious nutrient-dense foods on your plate every day!
This class begins with a short 10 minute presentation about how nutrition impacts your health and actionable tips by Registered Dietitian Anjali Patel, followed by a healthy cooking demonstration with Chef Leslie. This cooking class is fully interactive as we encourage you to cook along with us and welcome questions from the audience. However, if you would like to sit back, relax and watch the cooking demonstration, please feel free to do that!
Why take this class? This will be a fun and engaging way to increase your nutrition knowledge and kitchen confidence + you will receive easy to follow recipes including preparation instructions and shopping lists.
- Easy Asian Slaw with Sesame and Pickled Ginger
- Tomato, Watermelon and Cucumber Salad with Mint and Basil
- Easy Flavorful Tofu Steaks
- Easy Seared Salmon
- Chocolate Avocado Pudding
Learning Objectives Upon completion of this class, you will be able to:
- Create a healthy eating plate
- Understand how to read a nutrition facts label
- Improve the nutrition in your favorite meals
- Identify and incorporate healthy proteins, include plant-based proteins
- Use creative ways to increase the amount and diversity of plants you eat
Day: June 16, 2022
Time: 6:00PM – 7:00PM PT
Cost: $45 per device (taxes and fees included)