It’s 4pm on a Thursday. And after a long, busy day, preparing a complicated meal is not practical. We’ve all heard it before: “What’s for dinner?” We are here to help you with inspiring and helpful kitchen tips that will make meal prep easy. In this class, Chef Leslie Myers and Registered Dietitian Anjali Patel will cover food planning, meal prepping, pantry items to have on hand and demonstrate simple cooking techniques and healthy recipes with everyday ingredients that you can make any day of the week.
This class begins with a short 10 minute presentation about how nutrition impacts your health and actionable tips by Registered Dietitian Anjali Patel, followed by a healthy cooking demonstration with Chef Leslie. This cooking class is fully interactive as we encourage you to cook along with us and welcome questions from the audience. However, if you would like to sit back, relax and watch the cooking demonstration, please feel free to do that!
Why take this class? This will be a fun and engaging way to increase your nutrition knowledge and kitchen confidence + you receive easy to follow recipes including preparation instructions and shopping lists.
Chef Leslie’s Menu:
- Loaded Chicken, Lemon and Herb or Chickpea Salad
- Angel Hair Pasta with Tomatoes, Spinach and Garlic
- Whole Grain, Sweet Potato and Lemon Salad
- Peanut Butter, Oat, Cinnamon and Dark Chocolate Energy Bites
Learning Objectives Upon completion of this class, you will be able to:
- Create a healthy eating plate
- Create a healthy meal in 30 minutes or less
- Incorporate at least one cooking and meal prep technique that will save you time and money
- Use alternative ways to cook and prepare food with less salt, added sugars and saturated fat
Day: June 9, 2022
Time: 6:00PM – 7:00PM PT
Cost: $45 per device (taxes and fees included)